A Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) is a finance, accounting, and business professional with a specific qualification. The CPA designation is a mark of high professional competence. It indicates a soundness in depth, breadth, and quality of accountancy knowledge. www.cpaaustralia.com.au
WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY?
Applicant must meet all the below requirements:
• hold a degree or a postgraduate award recognized by CPA Australia
• have demonstrated competence in CPA Australia’s prescribed foundation level knowledge
• have successfully completed CPA Australia’s professional level examinations
• have successfully completed the practical experience requirement -comprising three years supervised, relevant work experience and covering technical accounting skills, broad business skills, leadership skills, and personal effectiveness skills
WHO CAN DO?
• CEO/ Chairman
• Portfolio Managers
• Sales & Marketing Managers
• Full Time & Part-Time Students
WHAT IS THE COURSE STRUCTURE?
CPA Australia consists of two levels:
Level I: Foundation Level
Level II: Professional Level
|Foundation Level||Professional Level|
|• Foundations of Accounting
• IT and Business Processes
• Economics and Markets
• Fundamentals of Business Law
• Business Finance
• Financial Accounting and Reporting
• Management Accounting
• Accounting Concepts and Principles
|Must complete four compulsory segments:
• Ethics and Governance
• Strategic Management Accounting
• Financial Reporting
• Global Strategy and Leadership
Plus two electives must be chosen from the following:
• Advanced Taxation
• Malaysia Taxation
• Singapore Taxation
• Advanced Audit and Assurance
• Contemporary Business Issues
• Financial Risk Management
WHAT IS THE EXAM FORMAT?
• Offered by computer-based testing in locations worldwide
• 100 Multiple choice questions.
For more information about the structure of the exams please visit www.cpaaustralia.com.au
WHAT IS THE EXAM DURATION?
Foundation Level exam formats and Scoring; Each foundation level exam will be
• offered by computer-based testing in locations worldwide
• multiple-choice exam with 100 questions
• each question has four options with only one correct answer
• three (3) hours and fifteen (15) minutes in duration (no reading time)
• closed book
• Randomized delivery (ie each candidate will receive the questions in a different order)
• allocated a small pool of questions being tested for future exams
WHAT ARE THE EXAM DATES AND FEES?
For updated information please visit www.cpaaustralia.com.au
WHERE IS THE EXAM LOCATION?
Assessments are taken at approved test centres or through the Pearson Vue network. Your exam location (including venue), date, and time will be confirmed via the ‘Exam Notification Letter’ which will be mailed to you by the advertised date in each semester. For updated information please visit www.cpaaustralia.com.au
DO YOU GET A CERTIFICATE?
You will get a certificate of completion, which is highly reputed and accepted by employers.