CFA is an American Certification awarded by the CFA Institute USA. CFA designation is a mark of distinction that is globally recognized by employers, investment professionals and investors as the definitive standard to measure serious investment professionals.
The curriculum is divided into four major areas:
• Ethical and professional standards
• Tools and inputs for investment valuation and management
• Asset valuation
• Portfolio management
WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY:
• Anyone with a U.S. bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or
• in the final year of bachelor’s degree program at the time of registration
• have four years of qualified, professional work experience
• have a combination of work and college experience that totals at least four years
WHO CAN DO?
Most common occupations of CFA charter holders:
• Chief Executive Officer – CEO
• Investment Counselor
• Chief Investment Officer
• Investment Firm Manager
• Equity Analyst
• Portfolio Manager
• Fixed Income Analyst
• Portfolio Strategist
• Investment Banker
• Sales/Marketing Professional
WHAT ARE THE COURSE STRCUTURE?
|TOPIC AREA||LEVEL I||LEVEL II||LEVEL III|
|Ethics & Professional Standards||15%||10-15%||10-15%|
|Financial Reporting & Analysis||15%||10-15%||0|
|Portfolio Management & Wealth Management||6%||5-15%||35-40%|
Ethical and Professional Standards
Economics: Microeconomic Analysis
Economics: Economics in a Global Context
Financial Statement Analysis
Discounted Cash Flow Applications
The Time Value of Money
Capital Markets Expectations
Equity Portfolio Management
Execution of Portfolio Decisions; Monitoring & Rebalancing
WHAT IS THE EXAM FORMAT?
|CFA (USA) Level-I||CFA (USA) Level-II||CFA (USA) Level-III|
|EXAM FORMAT||240 Multiple Choice Questions – 120 in Morning Session of Exam and 120 in Afternoon Session of Exam||20 Item Set Questions – 10 in Morning Session of Exam and 10 in Afternoon Session of Exam||10-15 Essay Questions in Morning Session of Exam and 10 in Afternoon Session of Exam|
|EXAM DURATION||There are 2 sessions of 3 hours each on exam day.||There are 2 sessions of 3 hours each on exam day.||There are 2 sessions of 3 hours each on exam day.|
|EXAM DATES||Offered in June & December Only||Offered in June Only||Offered in June Only|
WHAT IS THE EXAM FEE?
• CFA candidates pay one time initial enrollment fee but in addition to that they are required to pay exam registration fee. CFA has different exam fee according to the dates. We encourage you to visit the official website of the CFA Institute www.cfainstitute.org
• Program enrollment fee: USD 450‡
|Early registration fee||USD 650|
|Standard registration fee||USD 950|
|Late registration fee||USD 1,380‡|
WHAT IS THE EXAM LOCATION?
CFA® Program exams are offered in over 170 cities in June and over 70 cities in December, at testing facilities around the world. The June exam is usually offered at test centers located in the cities below. CFA Institute will assign a test center to you taking into account your requested exam location based on availability.